Friday, September 3, 2010

Monster Island post

       A group of people are in ny which is infested with zombies, the story seems to move back and fourth which had me confused at first. I had a hard time keeping up, but the subject of zombies was great. The story goes into detail like how the body dies, I think these point are important, because they help give the story backing. Making it real. Also story seems to be more about what's going on then the characters. It's kind of cool. I have never read a novel that goes in this directions. It's all about everything is going around you and that to me makes it that much more real. the story seems to jump around a little bit, but overall I under stand what's going on. I had a clear understand of the city and what had happen. I have never read a zombie novel before and the only relationship I had with the novel was with games like left for dead which to me, plays with the same ideas as monster island. Where you have a small group of people that survived in this wild environment that ones was New York City. I think the idea of somthing like this happening really gets to us, and i think because whenyou hear about a zombie tale, at leat for me, its always the enviroments. its the peacefulness and norm that you feel in a small town or the big city like New York and you introduce and idea such as zombies to the environment, it makes it that much more believable. You can relate to it on a much closer level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment